Sunday, March 13, 2011

Paint By Numbers

Sometimes when I'm in the groove that's how it exactly feels...a little red here, a little blue there, oh yea number 5 again back to the red.

So, after 25 years of selling houses and managing those who do I have put that behind me - yes!!!!!  I am now turning my attention to that which I do best, paint.  This blog is created to document and communicate what's now happening at my drawing table.

This new phase in my life started about a year ago.  I'll spare the boring details of how that transition came about, let's just say I woke up one day and decided I needed to paint before it was too late.  So, that's what I've been doing.  I furiously painted over the summer and fall of 2010 trying to accomplish personally important paintings for my wife and two kids.

The results are the following:  after a trip with my wife Elke and daughter Megan to Scotland and the Cotswalds in May 2010, I painted a fruit stand / wine store for Megan  (if you know Megan she loves all things Englandy)

Then after a trip to Italy in September with my son Mitchell he wanted a memory of Cinque Terre - Vernazza
Finally, and probably most importantly, Elke took a picture of a pelican about 10 years ago down at Moss Landing.  She always wanted me to paint it, but I just wasn't motivated...well get motivated!  Which I did just in time for Christmas
Those 3 paintings represented about 16 weeks of non-stop work...16 weeks of pure joy!

So, currently I am painting ducks!  I'll be back soon to update the results and display some more "paint by numbers".

If you've been putting off a trip, a hobby, a project, a talent, a class that you just can't get out of your head...go for it!  and let me know about it...what's your "paint by numbers" desire?

mark

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Mark. That Vernazza picture is beautiful, exactly as I remember it. You have a superbly crisp style to your work that is elegant. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found t web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this m prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site. Paint by numbers

    ReplyDelete