Sunday, March 13, 2011

Paint By Numbers

Sometimes when I'm in the groove that's how it exactly feels...a little red here, a little blue there, oh yea number 5 again back to the red.

So, after 25 years of selling houses and managing those who do I have put that behind me - yes!!!!!  I am now turning my attention to that which I do best, paint.  This blog is created to document and communicate what's now happening at my drawing table.

This new phase in my life started about a year ago.  I'll spare the boring details of how that transition came about, let's just say I woke up one day and decided I needed to paint before it was too late.  So, that's what I've been doing.  I furiously painted over the summer and fall of 2010 trying to accomplish personally important paintings for my wife and two kids.

The results are the following:  after a trip with my wife Elke and daughter Megan to Scotland and the Cotswalds in May 2010, I painted a fruit stand / wine store for Megan  (if you know Megan she loves all things Englandy)

Then after a trip to Italy in September with my son Mitchell he wanted a memory of Cinque Terre - Vernazza
Finally, and probably most importantly, Elke took a picture of a pelican about 10 years ago down at Moss Landing.  She always wanted me to paint it, but I just wasn't motivated...well get motivated!  Which I did just in time for Christmas
Those 3 paintings represented about 16 weeks of non-stop work...16 weeks of pure joy!

So, currently I am painting ducks!  I'll be back soon to update the results and display some more "paint by numbers".

If you've been putting off a trip, a hobby, a project, a talent, a class that you just can't get out of your head...go for it!  and let me know about it...what's your "paint by numbers" desire?

mark

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Mark. That Vernazza picture is beautiful, exactly as I remember it. You have a superbly crisp style to your work that is elegant. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete