Thursday, June 2, 2011

Duck is done....moving on.

The mallard duck painting is complete.  You'll find the result below, and in my previous blog a few photos of the painting as it progressed.  You'll note that I dramatically changed the background.  I'm going to to go ahead and enter this painting in the Federal Duck Stamp competition.  When I began the painting I wasn't sure if this was going to be practice or a possible entry.  It's an entry...I'm a bit tired of ducks right now.


This was a great project though, for a couple of reasons.  One this is the smallest painting I've ever done 7" X 10", the mandatory size for the federal competition.  And two, this is the first painting I've done on masonite board.  It was a different experience from painting on watercolor board, but I liked it a lot, so I'm likely to continue with this surface.

Well, I'm not sure what's up next for my paint by numbers...stay tuned and I'll soon have an answer...

Thanks for checking in,

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment