Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Somthing New and Different

I've been wanting to paint a local (Palo Alto) scene, maybe a landmark.   So, I thought how about our Stanford Theater in downtown Palo Alto.  For those not familiar with this theater it opened in 1925.  In 1987 the David and Lucile Packard Foundation purchased the theater and restored it to its original splendor.  It plays classic movies year round, and at reduced prices both for tickets and popcorn!  Thank you Packard Foundation.  I've been taking my daughter Megan on dates to see movies here for about 20 years - and yes, we still do that...Casablanca for the 2nd time a couple of weeks ago.

 When I decided to paint the Theater, I also decided to try a night photograph and thus a night painting.  This has been fun!  Neon lights, night shadows, etc.  Very cool material...hope you will agree...
Check back in a week, I should be done.  Thanks for checking in, Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment