Friday, September 21, 2012

His and Her Mallards

Just started a painting of two ducks.  Male and female mallards.  Not sure if they are a couple, but they seemed to follow each other around while I was doing my photography, so I think they're at least good friends.  If you wonder what the blue tape is all about, I taped down some protective paper so that I don't accidentally splash paint on the background.  I'm not sure how I'm going to finish the painting after I have painted the ducks - but however it happens I want a clean background to start with.  By the way - this is painting backwards and a lot dangerous.  Normally the background is laid down first then the subjects are painted.  Check in again to see how this gets handled - maybe there won't be a background - we'll see.
....further progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment