Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mountain Pelicans

Well, it's been about a month since I last posted an update.  In that time I have torn up one painting and started another.  I was working on a painting from a photo I took at Stanford University, and after about a week I just wasn't getting the results I wanted...the painting was much better in my head.  So, I've changed course and am working on a painting from the photos I took in Yellowstone last month.  During my week in Yellowstone I took a hike one afternoon and discovered a lake outside the park that was very interesting.  Due to a huge earthquake in 1959 a lake was formed where a river was dammed up due to a huge landslide caused by the quake.  Over the years this lake has had hundreds of trees die along the shores.  Prior to the earthquake these trees were thriving along the banks of a river.  After the quake these trees found them selves in 5, 10, 15 feet of water.  Thus they died.  But the good news...because of all the sangs and hidden logs nobody fishes in this area, and the wildlife is fantastic.  I returned to this spot 2 more times while I was there just to sit and watch nature...a spiritual experience.  Each time I was there there were 3 white pelicans paddling in the water on the far side of this narrow lake.  This painting is these three pelicans.  The beauty of this painting is not just the pelicans, but the reflections of the numerous trees in the dead still waters.  This painting is very detailed, as I am wanting to depict each tree, each branch, and then each reflection.  I've been at this painting for almost 2 weeks, and as you can see it's a ways from completion.  I've been working my way across the top of this painting from left to right.  I should finish this top portion in 2-3 days, then the reflected water should be less tedious and hopefully finished in about 10 days....here you go.
By the way, I will get back to the Stanford painting.  My previous painting on this blog, the flamingos was a similar situation.  About a year ago I attempted that painting and couldn't get it right.  A year later better results.  Thanks for coming by, Mark

1 comment:

  1. 201 Minh Khai City Plaza | Mức độ phục vụ Giá bán Chung cư 52 hàng bạc | mặt bằng xây Giá bán chung cư 120 định công | Bán nhà Giá bán chung ư 47 cát linh five sTar Westlake Five star thụy khuê. | bán lại Time tower ha long | mua nhà Chung cư 440 vĩnh hưng | Ngân hàng cho khách hàng mua Vinhome thăng long vay vốn. | Hợp đồng Golden Field là loại góp vốn. | Lựa chọn đúng khi mua Home City.của đơn vị chủ đầu tư uy tín. | Tầng hầm để xe của Hợp đồng mua bán Luxury Apartment. | Khu nhà ở của cư dân Dự án Alphanam Red Star Apartment . | Giới thiệu dự án bất động sản liền kề Alphanam Village Xuân phương.| lien hê trực tiếp Liền kề biệt thự alphanam New Park city. | Tổ hợp thương mại Dự án Alphanam New Life city.| Căn hộ đẳng cấp tiện nghi Giá bán Chung cư T&T riverview . | Cuộc sống tiện nghi tại Chung cư Sun Grand City Chung cư 69b Thụy khuê. | Bàn giao căn hộ cho khách hang mua Five star chu văn an . | Tầng Trung tâm thương mại Chung cư Five Star Cầu giấy được bố trí tại tầng 1. | Cư dân sống tại Bất động sản chung cư có một môi trường hoàn hảo.. | Chung cư Thương mại tại Hà Nội như Five star hoàng hoa thám . | Tiến độ xây Chung cư N01 T1 Ngoại Giao Đoàn. | Theo dõi thong tin Chung cư ngoại giao đoàn chung cư phú mỹ complexnhanh nhất . | Thu thập thông tin Hai phat plaza nhanh chóng. | Kiểm tra Chung cu 31 lang ha xem còn bao nhiêu căn hộ. Chỉ tiêu Giá bán Chung cư Daewoo Cleve cho mỗi tháng. | Chi tiết mặt bằng Minh Khai City Plaza . đối với căn diện tích 100m2. nhanh chóng. |

    ReplyDelete