Thursday, January 23, 2014

Half Dome Reflection

Finally completed my Half Dome painting.   This was more of a challenge than I anticipated.  Combined with the Christmas holiday and being a bit lazy for the last half of December this painting was on my table for a month longer than I expected.  It's all good though...sometimes I just have to stop hurrying.  Well, regarding Half Dome Reflection...all the foliage was a real challenge to depict.  Sometimes it's hard to know when to stop, such was the case with some of the trees both right and left.  When it came to the water and the reflection of the trees, stones, and Half Dome the fun was on.  I love the color nuances of the greens, blues, golds.  I hope you enjoy.
I just started a new painting of a friend walking his horse.  I'll post something soon.  Thanks for coming by.  mg

No comments:

Post a Comment